This website hosts information about the construction of Lostock Sustainable Energy Plant (LSEP). The facility will be built by CNIM Group, a leading European specialist on the design and construction of power plants. For information about the owners and operators of the plant, and the plans behind it, please visit https://lostocksep.fccenvironment.co.uk/.
LSEP is £480m energy from waste (EfW) facility located at the Lostock Works site near Northwich in Cheshire. It will recover energy cleanly and safely from residual waste – the waste left over after reusable and recyclable material has been removed.
The benefits of the facility include:
- Reduce landfill: the facility will divert 600,000 tonnes of residual waste away from landfill
- Renewable energy: Lostock SEP will produce 69MW of clean, renewable electricity
- Generate power: it will generate enough electricity to power the equivalent of around 125,000 homes
- It is a clean, safe way of treating waste that cannot be economically or practically recycled, and displaces the use of fossil fuel
- 50 full-time operational jobs and multiple supply chain opportunities
Visit our news page for the latest information or sign up to our e-newsletter to receive construction updates via email.
Visit our list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) for more information on the project and its operation, construction, community relations, and employment opportunities.
We will endeavour to recruit locally where possible. Employment opportunities will be advertised through job fairs, local advertisements and other recruitment events.
During construction and once the facility is operating, many subcontractors will be required in areas ranging from canteen services to engineering and construction, office materials, transport etc.
- Lostock Sustainable Energy Plant celebrates successful Jobs Fair and Meet the Buyer events
- Second phase of piling works to commence at Lostock Sustainable Energy Plant
- Road works to improve traffic flow at the Broken Cross Junction
- Temporary extended hours on site
- FCC Communities Foundation provides vital funding for Lostock Gralam community football pitch